Skip Navigation Links
University Kehl
Prospective Students
Current Students
Further Education HS-BW
Skip navigation links
Current News
CampusMediaExpand CampusMedia
EventsExpand Events
Job openings
Facts & FiguresExpand Facts & Figures
Information english/françaiseExpand Information english/française
University Executive BoardExpand University Executive Board
DepartmentsExpand Departments
Current ResearchExpand Current Research
Administrative ServicesExpand Administrative Services
Academic ServicesExpand Academic Services
Stud. RepresentativesExpand Stud. Representatives
Assoc. of the Friends of the University
Program of Study
ApplicationExpand Application
Bachelor's ProgramExpand Bachelor's Program
Master's ProgramExpand Master's Program
Student lifeExpand Student life
Career outlookExpand Career outlook
Info for students beginning a course of study
Course of study in public participation
Research Center Clustermanagement
Kehl Academy
Municipal consulting
Partner universitiesExpand Partner universities
AssociationsExpand Associations
MinistriesExpand Ministries
SponsorsExpand Sponsors
Contact data
Directions, map

    Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften


Status as a student civil servant

  • From the beginning of the program of study until the time they finish, students have the status of a civil servant. During the first period of practical experience from September through February, they are considered to be administrative interns (similar to civil servant status).
  • Throughout their training, students receive a salary for degree candidates in the amount of approx. € 1,000 per month. This is paid out by the department in which the student does the introductory internship. During the course of study on campus, the German federal state of Baden-Württemberg, und thus the State Salaries and Pensions Office (, is responsible for paying out the student’s salary.
  • Due to their civil servant status, students are entitled to separation compensation during the time of their practical training (3rd year), as provided for in the State Separation Compensation Regulation.
  • Currently, students do not yet have to pay any tuition fees.
  • The civil servant status ends at the end of the day on which the student is informed that he or she has passed the final examination or has failed.